Who are we?
Creative Edinburgh is a community-led social enterprise that aims to help support the creative community thrive in the city and beyond. Our community of over 5000 members is made up of freelancers, students and start-ups, and it is through our events, initiatives, and mentoring scheme that we seek to connect these creative makers and thinkers to come together, share their stories and skills.
We help creative people connect and thrive, by:
- Building communities, through our popular events programme.
- Driving growth and finding pathways to learning and skills development.
- Advocating for creativity locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supporting professional development and wellbeing of our members.
Our community spans a range of creative professionals, from graphic designers, illustrators and animators to jewellery makers, fashion designers and ceramicists, to writers, digital marketers and creative tech developers, located in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Creative Edinburgh is a Creative Scotland Regularly Funded Organisation (RFO) for 2018-2022. We are also a major partner on the Creative Informatics programme, led by the University of Edinburgh and in partnership with CodeBase and Edinburgh Napier University.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Programme Manager based in Edinburgh to join our executive team. We are a small, close-knit team and you'll be playing an important role in supporting the growth of our creative community. You’ll be a team player with a passion for creative events and ideas for community-based programming.
What will you be doing?
The Programme Manager will shape Creative Edinburgh’s programmes strategy and deliver events, both in-person and online, designed for creative practitioners and small businesses in Edinburgh. The programme strategy is underpinned by collaboration and creative partnerships across the city. The events programme aims to inspire, educate, connect, up-skill and empower creative freelancers, in keeping with the mission and values of Creative Edinburgh.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in events programming and project management.
- Meticulous organisational and coordinating abilities.
- Excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise assignments in the face of multiple duties.
- Demonstrable interest in learning about Edinburgh’s creative industry landscape.
Bonus points if you have:
- Existing knowledge of in-person, hybrid and online programming.
- Existing knowledge of finance and admin, business planning or policy & strategy.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, to the right quality and on cost.
- Excellent time management and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite and other relevant software packages.
What will you get?
- Part-time role, 4-days a week (28 hours, 7 hours per day, flexible).
- £24,000 FTE per annum.
- A contract until the end of March 2023 (extension possible subject to funding).
- 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays (pro-rata).
- Pension scheme available.
How do you apply?
At Creative Edinburgh, we believe that diversity is a genuine asset in every part of life and that no one should be held back by their background or culture. It is our responsibility to ensure that our team and our community reflects this by being inclusive, equal, diverse and fair. If this resonates with you, then we want to hear from you.
We hire by posting a job description on our website and other online job platforms.
Please complete our Programme Manager Application Form and attach your CV (no more than 3 pages please).
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 4 January 2022 at 5pm with interviews the week commencing Monday 10 January 2022. Please note our office will be closed from 20th December, please email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org beforehand as we will be unable to respond to any questions you might have about the role over the festive period.
To apply for the role please download and complete the application form and return it to email@example.com with ‘Programme Manager’ and your name in the subject line, along with your CV.
You can also optionally complete the Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form and return it along with your application.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you would like to submit your application in an alternative format please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place in person at our studio, exact dates to be confirmed.
If you prefer your interview to take place online, please let us know and we will accommodate your request.